IL DOMINIO DI BAGNOLI IL DOMINIO DI BAGNOLI

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

IL DOMINIO DI BAGNOLI

IL DOMINIO DI BAGNOLI

    IL DOMINIO DI BAGNOLI

Newsletter

*

Spaces which are marked by an asterisk (*), are absolutely necessary



IL DOMINIO DI BAGNOLI


IL DOMINIO DI BAGNOLI
Dominio

The story of Dominio di Bagnoli started in 954 with the construction of a Benedictine monastery. Due to the industry of the monks the lands became part of an agricultural tradition now more than a thousand years old.
In 1656 the Counts Widman brought the vast property from the Papal State and built an architectural complex, comprising the villa, theatre, church, cellars, granary, cowsheds, stables and the magnificent gardens. Today these are National monuments. From 1700 Dominio di Bagnoli was known in Venice for fashionable social and cultural events. It was a place where, thanks to the well known patronage of Ludovico Widman, artists and noble Venetians enjoyed long holidays and splendid feasts. Amongst the illustrious guests was Carlo Goldoni who stayed there often and performed some of his plays in the theatre at the villa. Another frequent guest was the poet Ludovico Pastò, who wrote an amusing poem in praise of the Friularo wine of Bagnoli.
Since 1917 the property has been owned by the Borletti family. Dominio di Bagnoli today represents a meeting point between modern agricultural techniques, wine gastronomy, art, culture and tradition.
 

 

Dominio